Kim & Chang has been recognized as a “Tier 1” firm in all eight areas researched for Korea by the IFLR1000 (32nd edition). In addition, 45 professionals under Kim & Chang have been recognized as “Market Leader,” “Highly Regarded,” “Rising Star Partner,” “Rising Star,” or “Notable Practitioner” in their respective practice areas.
The IFLR1000, an international financial and corporate legal directory, evaluates and ranks law firms and attorneys across the world each year based on law firm submissions, interviews and surveys with partners and clients, internal research, and data analysis. This year, the IFLR1000 added the Private Equity field to its existing practice areas, researching and publishing results across eight practice areas in total for Korea.
The following list details our firm’s achievements in 2022.
Firm Rankings (Ranked “Tier 1” in All Eight Practice Areas)
- Banking and finance
- Capital Markets: Debt
- Capital Markets: Equity
- Capital Markets: Structured finance and securitization
- Private Equity
- Project development
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Kyung Taek Jung, Young Kyun Cho
- Kye Sung Chung, Chang Hyeon Ko, Bong Suk Koo, Yong-Ho Kim, Janghoon Kim, Jae Myung Kim, Gene-Oh Kim, Jong Koo Park, Youngjin Sohn, Chang-hee Shin, Bo Yong Ahn, Dong-Seok Oh, Hi Sun Yoon, Sookyung Lee, Hoin Lee, Chiyong Rim, Myoung Jae Chung, Jin Yeong Chung, Myoung-Soo Cho, Young Man Huh, Ick Ryol Huh
Rising Star Partner
- Chang Sup Kwon, Geon Ho Kim, John Sangho Park, Sangmyoung Shin, Heesung Ahn, Ie Hwan Yoo
- Seung Jae Yoo
- Yun Goo Kwon, Claire (Mi-Jin) Kim, Bo Hyun Kim, Young Min Kim, Hye Sung Kim, Jina Myung, Kwon-Eui Park, Jong Hyun Park, Tae Min Yun, Kyung Yoon Lee, Sun Yul Lee, Joon Ho Lee, Hyeon Deog Cho, Dae-Hyuk Choi, Robert L. Gilbert