Kim & Chang once again topped the charts in Chambers Global 2021 as the only Korean law firm to rank “Band 1” in all nine practice areas surveyed for Korea. Notably, we were the only Korean law firm to rank “Band 5” in the “Arbitration (International)” category of the newly added Global Market Leaders ranking table.
As for individual recognitions, 37 of our attorneys and patent attorneys were named “Leading Individuals” for their significant achievements in the past year.
The following details our 2021 rankings results.
Global Market Leader
- Arbitration (International): Band 5
- Arbitration (International): Band 4
South Korea (“Band 1” in all nine categories surveyed for Korea)
- Banking & Finance
- Capital Markets
- Corporate/M&A (Foreign Expertise for North Korea)
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property – Patent & Trade Mark Agents
- International Trade
- International & Cross-Border Capabilities
- General Business Law (Expertise based abroad): Spotlight
Global Market Leader
- Arbitration (International): Byung-Chol (B.C.) Yoon
- Banking & Finance: Young Kyun Cho, Hi Sun Yoon, Young Min Kim
- Capital Markets: Chang Hyeon Ko, Myoung Jae Chung
- Capital Markets – Securitisation: Hoin Lee, Ie Hwan Yoo, Yong Seung Sun
- Corporate/M&A: Kyung Taek Jung, Young Jay Ro, Jong Koo Park, Young Man Huh, Jong Hyun Park, Bo Yong Ahn, Yun Goo Kwon, Shin Kwon Lim, Sang Goo Lee, Sun Yul Lee, Eun Min Kwon (Foreign expert for North Korea)
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Byung-Chol (B.C.) Yoon, Eun Young Park, Matthew J. Christensen, Kay-Jannes Wegner, Sae Youn Kim, Joel E. Richardson, Byung-Woo Im, Woochul Hwang
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation: Jin Yeong Chung, Hye Kwang Lee
- Intellectual Property: Jay (Young-June) Yang, Duck Soon Chang, Young Kim, Sang-Wook Han, Seong-Soo Park, Yu-Seog Won
- International Trade: Juhong Kim, Seong Joong Kim
- General Business Law: Eun Min Kwon (Expert based abroad)
About Chambers Global: Chambers Global is an annual worldwide legal ranking guide by the leading legal publisher Chambers and Partners. It conducts extensive research and analyses to determine the most outstanding law firms and lawyers from more than 200 jurisdictions. In Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021, published in December 2020, Kim & Chang ranked top among Korean law firms with “Band 1” rankings in 18 practice areas.