Kim & Chang (1991-Present)
Samil Accounting Corporation (1987-1991)
- Represented a number of foreign banks and a foreign securities company during their tax audit from the Korean tax authorities.
- Advised legislation of procedures to claim reduced withholding rate under Korean tax treaties.
- Advised Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearing Institute in obtaining a tax ruling and subsequent legislation on VAT exemption treatment.
Private Equity Fund
- Advised private equity funds in their acquisitions of Korean targets in the IT, construction material, consumer product and apparel industries.
- Advised formation and establishment of a number of private equity funds.
- Advised formation and establishment of a major Korean private equity fund.
- Advised law revisions to clarify and improve partnership taxation rules as applicable to Korean private equity funds.
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Tax: Consultants (Chambers and Partners, 2017-2023)
Graduate School of Business Administration, University of Washington (M.P.A., Tax, 1996)
College of Business and Economy, Yonsei University (B.S., 1988)
Certified Public Accountant, Korea, 1989; Washington, 1996