Kim & Chang was again the only Korean firm to secure “Band 1” ranking in all nine practice areas surveyed for Korea in Chambers Global 2020. We also continued to rank “Band 4” in “Arbitration (International)” in the Asia-Pacific region and receive recognition in “General Business Law (Expertise Based Abroad)” in North Korea.
Additionally, 32 of our attorneys and patent attorneys were selected as “Leading Individuals” and three as “Recognised Practitioners” for their outstanding work in their practice areas.
The following details our 2020 ranking results.
- Banking & Finance: Band 1
- Capital Markets: Band 1
- Corporate/M&A: Band 1; Foreign Expertise for North Korea
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Band 1
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation: Band 1
- Intellectual Property: Band 1
- Intellectual Property – Patent & Trade Mark Agents: Band 1
- International Trade: Band 1
- International & Cross-Border Capabilities: Band 1
- Arbitration (International): Band 4
- General Business Law (Expertise Based Abroad): Spotlight Table
- Banking & Finance: Young Kyun Cho, Hi Sun Yoon, Young Min Kim
- Capital Markets: Young Man Huh, Chang Hyeon Ko, Myoung Jae Chung
- Capital Markets – Securitisation: Hoin Lee, Ie Hwan Yoo
- Corporate/M&A: Kyung Taek Jung, Young Jay Ro, Jong Koo Park, Young Man Huh, Jong Hyun Park, Bo Yong Ahn, Yun Goo Kwon, Shin Kwon Lim, Eun Min Kwon (Foreign expert for North Korea), Sang Goo Lee*, Sun Yul Lee*
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Byung-Chol (B.C.) Yoon, Eun Young Park, Matthew J. Christensen, Kay-Jannes Wegner, Sae Youn Kim, Joel E. Richardson, Byung-Woo Im
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation: Sang Ho Han, Jin Yeong Chung, Hye Kwang Lee, Jung Keol Suh, Sun Seong Park*
- Intellectual Property: Young June Yang, Duck Soon Chang, Young Kim, Sang-Wook Han
- International Trade: Juhong Kim
- General Business Law: Eun Min Kwon (Expert Based Abroad)
About Chambers Global: Chambers Global is an annual worldwide legal ranking guide by the leading legal publisher Chambers and Partners. It conducts independent research and analysis to determine the most outstanding law firms and lawyers from more than 190 countries. Our firm was also the most top-ranked Korean firm in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020, published in December 2019, with “Band 1” ranking in 18 practice areas.