Member, Outbound Alternative Investment Committee at National Pension Fund (2014.5.-Present)
External Expert Member, Financial Dispute Settlement Committee at Financial Supervisory Service (2010.6.-Present)
Foreign Temporary Associate, Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York Office (2004-2005)
Kim & Chang (1998-Present)
Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Navy (1995-1998)
Insolvency and Restructuring
- Advised on the filing of application for bankruptcy or commencement of rehabilitation of failing companies.
- Advised on the ongoing legal issues in the process of the bankruptcy or rehabilitation.
- Advised on the work-out proceedings of companies at the risk of bankruptcy
- Advised on the merger and acquisition and post-closing management of several Korean banks.
- Advised on the incorporation of Korean branch and representative office of foreign bank.
- Advised on legal and regulatory issues in the audit and investigation by the Financial Supervisory Audit.
- Advised on various kinds of loan transactions on behalf of Korean or foreign banks.
- Advised on real property project financing transactions on behalf of banks.
- Advised on various kinds of structured financing transactions including asset-backed securitization.
- Client Choice Awards - Banking (Lexology, 2020)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Banking (Who’s Who Legal, 2019-2023)
- Regulatory Intelligence - South Korea: Securities and Banking (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2016-2017)
- The Lending and Secured Finance Review (edition 2): Korea chapter (Co-author, The Law Review, 2016)
- IFLR Magazine - Asia FinTech Special Focus: “Keeping up with business regulation” (Co-author, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2016.5.)
- The Banking Regulation Review (1st-6th Edition): “Korea” chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2010-2015)
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Securitisation 2006, 2008: "Korea" chapter (Co-author, Global Legal Group, 2006, 2008)
School of Law, Duke University (LL.M., 2004)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (1995)
Graduate School of Law, Seoul National University (Coursework completd, 1993)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 1991)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 1995
Korean, English and Japanese