Kim & Chang (1983-Present)
Samil Accounting Corporation (1981-1983)
- Represented a major investment bank in a tax audit.
- Represented a major supplier of shipbuilding equipment and related services in a tax investigation focusing on permanent establishment issues.
- Represented a taxpayer in a Review of Adequacy of Tax Imposition procedure regarding a valuation issue arising from a transfer of Korean shares between foreign entities.
- Conducted tax audit defense and appeal for foreign bunker trader (VAT compliance focus).
- Conducted tax audit defense for IT companies.
- Provided tax advice to a major investment bank in relation to equity investment and exit
- Leading Individual, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Tax (Legalease, 2021-2023)
- Highly Regarded, World Tax: Korea, Tax (International Tax Review, 2020)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Corporate Tax (Who’s Who Legal, 2019)
- Recommended Lawyer, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Tax (Legalease, 2016-2017)
- Leading Lawyer, Asialaw Profiles: Taxation (Euromoney, 2014-2018)
- Leading Lawyer, Tax Directors Handbook (Legalease, 2011-2017)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Tax: Consultants (Chambers and Partners, 2011-2023)
- The Corporate Tax Planning Law Review (Edition 1, 2): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2019-2020)
- Getting the Deal Through – Tax Controversy: Korea chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2018)
- World Tax - South Korea chapter (Co-author, International Tax Review, 2011-2018)
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (M.B.A., 1992)
College of Business Administration, Seoul National University (B.Bus., 1978)
Certified Public Accountant, Korea, 1979; California, 1991