ICC YAF Regional Representative of the North Asia Chapter (2021-Present)
Three Crowns LLP, Washington D.C. (2019)
Kim & Chang (2015-2018, 2019-Present)
- Representing private equity funds in an ICC arbitration to resolve dispute regarding the exercise of a put option to exit investment in a Korean insurance company.
- Representing a Japanese multinational company in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Korea regarding an insurance claim against a Korean insurance company.
- Representing a Korean conglomerate in an ICC arbitration, seated in London and governed by Korean law, of a joint-venture dispute against a US multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a Korean subsidiary of a Kuala Lumpur-based multinational JV company in ICC arbitration, including Emergency Arbitrator proceedings, seated in Singapore and governed by Korean law, against a Korean counterparty in a dispute related to distribution of construction material.
- Represented a Korean multinational company against a Brazilian distributor regarding outstanding receivables and damage claims in multi-jurisdictional proceedings in Brazil, including arbitration in Canada-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and multiple litigations in Brazilian courts.
- Represented a Cambodian subsidiary of a Korean conglomerate in an ICC arbitration, seated in Singapore and governed by Cambodian law, against a Cambodian party in a dispute related to purchase of land for a development project.
- Represented a Korean subsidiary of a German multinational company in Korean Commercial Arbitration Board arbitration, seated in Korea and governed by Korean law, against a Korean counterparty in a post-M&A dispute.
- Represented and advised a Korean conglomerate against a Polish state government, consortium members, and subcontractors regarding construction claims in multi-jurisdictional proceedings in Poland, including arbitration in Warsaw, potential investment claims, and multiple litigations.
- Advised on investment treaty disputes, sports arbitration, and multi-national construction disputes.
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: International Arbitration (Legalease, 2022-2023)
- Procedural Issues in an Arbitration: Disclosure, The Guide to Investment Treaty Protection and Enforcement (Co-author, Global Arbitration Review, 2022)
- Shift in Paradigm in Investor-State Arbitration: Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Korea Arbitration Review Issue 11 (Co-author, KCAB International, 2020)
- A Study on Draft Rules for Administration of UNCITRAL Arbitration (Co-author, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, 2017)
- A Study on Establishment of Sports Arbitration Institution, Advanced Commercial Law Review (Co-author, Ministry of Justice, 2017)
- A Study on Methods of Revitalization of Sports Arbitration (Co-author, Ministry of Justice, 2016)
Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2019)
School of Law, Seoul National University (J.D., 2015)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 2012)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2015