Kim & Chang (2003.7.-Present)
Tax Director, Samil PwC Korea (2002.12.-2003.7.)
Kim & Chang (2001.7.-2002.10.)
Research Analyst (Special assignment), Deloitte NY Office (1994)
Deloitte Korea (1986-1999)
- Advised on tax litigation on beneficial ownership issue in connection with capital gains and dividends derived by MNEs and private equity funds.
- Advised on tax litigations on dividend withholding rate issues under relevant tax treaties for various MNEs and private equity funds.
- Advised on tax structure and implications on a merger between liquor companies.
- Advised on permanent establishment litigation for a foreign news media company.
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Business Crime Defence & Investigations (Who’s Who Legal, 2023)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Corporate Tax (Who’s Who Legal, 2023)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia Pacific, Tax: Consultants (Chambers and Partners, 2017-2023)
- The Corporate Tax Planning Law Review (Edition 3, 4): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2021-2022)
- Corporate Tax 2018 - South Korea, Global Practice Guides (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2017)
- Business Operations in the Republic of Korea, Country Tax Portfolio (Co-author, Bloomberg BNA, 2014-2021)
- Corporate Taxation - Korea, Country Analysis (Co-author, IBFD, 2014-2021)
- Individual Taxation - Korea, Country Analysis (Co-author, IBFD, 2014-2021)
- PLC Private Acquisitions Multi-jurisdictional Guide: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Practical Law Company, 2009-2011)
The University of Texas at Austin (Master of Professional Accounting, 2001)
The University of Seoul (Master of Business Taxation, 1999)
Yonsei University (B.A., Business Administration, 1987)
Certified Public Accountant, Korea, 1986; U.S.A., 2001