Brian C. OH Attorney (Admitted in California)
Kim & Chang (2008-Present)
Dykema Gossett LLP (2006-2008)
Glaser, Weil, Fink, Jacobs, Howard, Avchen & Shapiro, LLP (2001-2006)
Judicial Extern to Hon. Dickran Tevrizian (Ret.), United States District Court, Central District of California (1998, 1999)
International Arbitration & Cross-Border Litigation
- Represented a US-based private equity fund and a Korean commercial bank in a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration relating to the acquisition of a controlling stake in a Korean credit card company.
- Advised a Korean financial institution in responding to subpoenas issued by a US court in government investigation and civil litigations arising out of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advised an international accounting and consulting firm in defending Korean civil and criminal lawsuits arising from its work relating to lottery operations, resulting in complete victory through trial and all levels of appeal.
- Representing the fisheries business arm of a Korean conglomerate in defending a US court litigation involving issues of seamanship negligence.
- Regularly advise foreign companies on issues arising out of multi-jurisdictional disputes, including enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards in Korea and conducting discovery in Korea in aid of US litigation.
Product Liability / Consumer Claims
- Regularly advise a multinational consumer electronics and software company on various Korean legal issues, including consumer protection and product safety laws, investigation and inquiries by government agencies for potential unfair trade and compliance issues, protection of trade secrets, labor and employment, technical certification requirements, marketing and distribution, and privacy protection.
- Successfully defended automotive manufacturers against claims filed with Korean courts alleging unintended acceleration, airbag malfunction, defective steering system, and fire-related defects.
- Advised several multinational consumer goods manufacturers in implementing product recall in Korea as part of a global recall campaign.
- Advised an international chemical manufacturer on a collective consumer action alleging adverse health effects, in collaboration with foreign counsel and epidemiology experts.
- Acritas Star - Independently Rated Lawyers (Acritas, 2018-2019)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Product Liability Defence (Law Business Research, 2014-2019)
- Practical Law – Product Liability and Safety in South Korea (overview): Korea chapter (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2018-2019)
- The European Lawyer Reference Series: Product Liability 2014 (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2014)
- Getting the Deal Through – Product Recall 2011: Korea chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2011)
- The Standards for Refusing to Enforce an Arbitral Award on Public Policy Grounds: A Korean Case Study, Asian International Arbitration Journal (Volume 6 Issue 1) (Co-author, Kluwer Law International, 2010)
- The Recent Trend of ‘Backdooring’ Foreign Mass Tort Claims Into U.S. Courts, Andrews Medical Device Litigation Reporter (2007.1.)
Boston College Law School (J.D., 2001)
University of Chicago (B.A., Philosophy, 1996)
Admitted to bar, California, 2002
English and Korean