Anthony (Haejin) JEONG Attorney (Admitted in New York)
Kim & Chang (2012-Present)
Lee & Ko (2006-2012)
Defense Acquisition Program Administration (2006)
National Defense Acquisition Reform Working Group, Office for Government Policy Coordination, Office of the Prime Minister (2005-2006)
Defense Procurement Agency, Ministry of National Defense (2003-2005)
United States Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration (2001)
United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan Southern Division (2000)
Aerospace & Defense:
- Defended a global defense company in alleged violation of the Military Secret Protection Act.
- Represented major US and European companies in procurement projects with DAPA.
- Represented a local ship manufacturer in a procurement project with the Indian Ministry of Defense, including technology licensing.
- Advised a major Israeli company in procurement projects with DAPA.
- Advised a local airline company in procurement projects with ADD.
- Advised a major US safety equipment manufacturer in projects with DAPA.
- Advised DAPA on competitive bidding related policy issues in weapon system procurements.
- Represented a security service provider in a bid protect against US military base in Korea.
- Advised various defense companies on contract law issues and bid protests.
- Advised various defense companies on matters concerning contract interpretation, offset guidelines, agency relationships and anti-corruption law compliance, and DAPA practices.
- Represented a global defense company in a claim for improper imposition of liquidated damages by DAPA.
Labor & Employment:
- Advised foreign companies and subsidiaries on rules of employment, wages and compensation, termination and retirement benefits
- Advised multinational companies in visa and residency and other immigration matters in connection with global mobilization and foreign investment.
Antitrust & Competition:
- Advised global franchisors in food and beverage, fashion, education and hotel industries.
- Assisted global franchisors in registering disclosure statements with the Korean Fair Trade Commission.
- Advised global suppliers in various industries in distributorship and agency transactions with local partners.
- Advised global suppliers in termination and dispute with local partners.
- Recognition of Merit, Defense Procurement Agency of the Ministry of National Defense (2003)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Franchise (Who’s Who Legal, 2019)
- The Franchisor’s Guide to International Franchising: Korea Section (Co-author, International Franchise Lawyers Association, 2011)
Michigan State University (J.D., 2001)
New York University (B.A., Political Science, 1997)
Admitted to bar, New York, 2002
Korean and English