Kim & Chang (2010-Present)
- Advised on asset-backed securitization (“ABS”) transactions with credit card receivables as underlying assets.
- Advised on cross-border P-CBO issuance transaction for funding medium/small sized companies guaranteed by Korea Credit Guarantee Fund.
- Advised on ABS transactions with lease receivables as underlying assets.
- Advised on ABS transactions with installment payment receivables (for purchase price for mobile phone devices) as underlying assets.
- Advised on Korea Housing Finance Corporation covered-bonds issuance transactions.
- Advised on major Korean banks covered-bond issuance transactions.
- Advised on major airlines ABS transactions with airline receivables (passenger tickets and freight) as underlying assets.
- Advised on investment management disputes among investment managers and investors.
- Advised on the establishment of domestic presence of foreign investment managers.
- Advised on acquiring a domestic license for foreign investment managers.
- Advised on various regulations under Korean laws regarding investment management business.
- Advised on registration of various offshore funds.
- Advised on offshore investment by domestic funds.
Financing and Others
- Advised private equity funds on providing financing to Korean companies.
- Advised on investment projects for hotels located offshore, including New York, Hawaii, US.
- Advised on investment projects for Amazon facilities located in the US.
- Advised on acquisition project of Queens Tower located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Advised on remedies and foreclosure procedures in default situations for offshore investments.
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR1000 (Delinian, 2023)
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR1000 (Edition 32) (Euromoney, 2022)
- Rising Star, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Capital Markets (Legalease, 2022-2023)
- Rising Star, IFLR1000 (Euromoney, 2022)
Columbia Law School (LL.M., 2017)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (2010)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 2008)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2010; New York, 2020