Robert L. GILBERT Attorney
Arbitrator, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (2011-Present)
Kim & Chang (1985-Present)
United States Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. (1981-1984)
Pacific Law Journal (1979-1980)
Assistant editor, Owens Forms and Procedures (1978-1979)
Phi Alpha Delta; Intern, California State Lands Commission (1978)
- Advised rolling stock and catenary consortiums in negotiation and implementation of USD 2 billion Korea High Speed Rail Project (KTX).
- Advised a leading life insurer in obtaining the first life insurance license issued by Korean regulators to a foreign life insurer.
- Advised US export credit agency and lenders in guaranteed and commercial financing 3 Boeing 777 aircraft.
- Advised European export credit agencies and lenders in guaranteed and commercial financing 5 Airbus A380 aircraft.
- Advised a US engine manufacturer on loans to Korean commercial airliner secured by aircraft engines.
- Advised a European lessor on repossession of leased aircraft from two insolvent Korean low cost carriers.
- Advised French commercial banks in prosecuting letter of credit claims against Korean issuing banks on the collapse of a Korean chaebol.
- Advised a US heavy equipment manufacturer in the acquisition of the seals division of a Korean manufacturer.
- Advised Korean construction companies on appeals of debarments from US Government contracting.
- Advised Korean and US debt and equity interests on the first of its kind USD 1.2 billion privatized military family housing on a US military base in Korea.
- Advised foreign banks prosecuting claims in the corporate workout of a Korean chaebol.
- Notable Practitioner, IFLR1000 (Euromoney, 2019-2020)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Korea, Aviation (Who’s Who Legal, 2019)
- Notable Practitioner Lawyer, IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate (Euromoney, 2018)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: Transport - Aviation Finance (Who’s Who Legal, 2013-2016)
- Getting the Deal Through - Aviation Finance & Leasing 2014: “Korea” chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2014)
- The 2011 Guide to Litigation and Dispute Resolution: “Cross-border Caution” (International Financial Law Review, 2011)
- Managing the Class Action Suit in Korea (Invest Korea Journal, 2007.5.-2007.6.)
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law (LL.D., 1980)
Pomona College (B.A., 1972)
US Military Court of Appeals (1981)
California Supreme Court (1980)
US District Court for the Northern District of California (1980)