Kyong Han YOON Senior Advisor
Kim & Chang (2010-Present)
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Automotive Engineering, Kyungil University (2006.3-2010.8)
Korea Automobile Testing & Research Institute (KATRI) (1993.12.-2010.9.)
- Head for Div. of Vehicle Regulation Research (2010.1.-2010.9.)
- Head for Div. of Vehicle Policy Development (2009.2.-2010.1.)
- Head for Div. of Advanced Vehicle Safety Research (2006.3.-2009.1.)
- Senior Researcher for Div. of Vehicle Safety Research (1993.12.-2006.2.)
Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chung-Ang University (1999.3-2001.2)
- Advised on diverse issues regarding certification and safety standards of motor vehicles, parts and construction machines.
- Advised on governmental defect investigations and recall procedures regarding ABS, airbag, etc.
- Advised on governmental investigations on panorama sunroof, fuel efficiency, etc.
- Advised on cases regarding schemes and government policies in the automotive industry.
- Advised on the interpretation of regulations and ordinances regarding self-certification, after-sales service, etc.
- Advised on cases regarding diminution and concealment of vehicle defect and other recall-related cases.
- Advised on governmental investigations on sudden unintended acceleration, vehicle fire, etc. and related product liability litigation.
- Advised importers of foreign vehicles on FTA non-tariff matters.
- Commendation from the Prime Minister (2006)
- Commendation from the Minister of Construction and Transportation (1999)
- Study of Introduction Plan for Vehicle Self Certification System and Operation Implementation for Vehicle Safety Recall System in Korea (2011)
- Study of Improvement of Vehicle Safety Recall System Due to Changes in the Vehicle Management (Certification) System in Korea (1998)
- Dynamic Coefficients of Combustion Engine Camshaft Bearings (Doctoral Thesis)
- The Combined Mesh Stiffness Characteristics of Straight and Spiral Bevel Gears (Master’s Thesis)
Graduate School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, North Carolina State University (Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 1993)
University of Detroit (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1986)
Korean and English