Kim & Chang won the “Korea Law Firm of the Year” award at the ALB Korea Law Awards 2021 held on December 2, 2021.
At the awards ceremony, Kim & Chang received the highest recognition in a total of 16 categories, including: seven more firm awards, which honor the best law firms in each field; four individual awards, which are given to attorneys with outstanding performance; and four deal awards, which recognize influential deals from the past year.
The ALB Korea Law Awards, which marks its ninth anniversary this year, is an annual awards ceremony hosted by Asian Legal Business (ALB), an Asian legal media under Thomson Reuters, which celebrates outstanding law firms, deals, lawyers and in-house legal teams in each category through evaluation by a panel of experts in the field of the respective awards. The results of this year’s awards were announced online on December 2, 2021.
The following is a list of our awards:
Firm Award Categories – Sole Winner
- Korea Law Firm of the Year (ninth consecutive win)
- Energy and Resources Law Firm of the Year
- Korea Deal Firm of the Year (second consecutive win)
- Korea Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year (third consecutive win)
- Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- Regulatory and Compliance Law Firm of the Year (second consecutive win)
- Tax and Trusts Law Firm of the Year
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year (second consecutive win)
Individual Award Categories – Sole Winner
- Managing Partner of the Year: Kye Sung Chung
- Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year: Sungwook Kim
- Woman Lawyer of the Year: Yunjoh Lee
- Dealmaker of the Year: Teo Kim
Deal Award Categories – Co-Winner
- Equity Market Deal of the Year: Coupang’s IPO in NYSE
- M&A Deal of the Year: Korean Air’s Acquisition of Asiana Airlines
- Project Finance Deal of the Year: Almaty Ring Road PPP Project
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year: HYBE’s Acquisition of Ithaca Holdings