Our highly capable and deeply experienced team offers one-stop legal service tour private equity and venture capital clients on all aspects of fund operations and transactions, including:
- Tax structuring for fund formation
- Representation of general partners and limited partners in onshore and offshore fund formations, including funds registered under the Financial Investment Services and Capital Markets Act
- Venture capital financing, including seed funding and growth funding rounds
- Inbound and outbound M&A transactions, including leveraged buyouts and going-private transactions
- Financial sponsor exit transactions, including through IPOs, competitive bid auctions and privately negotiated deals
- Acquisition financing
Our Private Equity Practice regularly advises and represents reputable local and global private equity funds active in the Korean market.
- Acquisition of ADT Caps by Macquarie Korea Opportunities Management - SK TELECOM
- Acquisition of LS Mtron and LS Automotive by KKR
- Sale of Halla Cement by Baring PE
- Sale of Carver Korea by Bain Capital consortium
- Acquisition of Modern House Home Living Business by MBK Partners
- Acquisition of Hugel by Bain Capital
- Acquisition of equity interest in Kakao Mobility by TPG Consortium
- Acquisition of Daesung Industrial Gases by MBK Partners
- Sale of Daesung Industrial Gases by Goldman Sachs PIA
- Acquisition of Hyundai Cement by LK Investment and Hanil Cement
- Sale of Kyungnam Energy by Anchor Equity Partners
- Acquisition of ABLE C&C by IMM Private Equity
- Acquisition of IFC Seoul by Brookfield Asset Management
- Acquisition of Doosan Infracore’s machine tool business by MBK Partners
- Acquisition of Hyundai Merchant Marine’s Bulk Business Department by H-Line Shipping, a portfolio company of Hahn & Company
- Acquisition of Body Friend by VIG Fund
- Acquisition of Ticket Monster by KKR and Anchor Equity Partners
- Acquisition of Young Toys by PAG Asia Capital
- Acquisition of Halla Visteon Climate Control by Hahn & Company
- Acquisition and Sale of Tong Yang Life Insurance by VIG Fund.
- Acquisition of Hyosung’s packaging performance unit by Standard Chartered Private Equity
- Acquisition of Hanhwa L&C by Morgan Stanley Private Equity
- Acquisition of LNG transportation business of Hyundai Merchant Marine by IMM Private Equity and IMM Investment
- Sale of Oriental Brewery by KKR and Affinity Equity Partners
- Advised Soft Bank Ventures Korea in numerous transactions, including its sale of shares in Korbit, a cryptocurrency exchange and its investment in Tokopedia, an Indonesian company
- Advised Qualcomm Ventures in its equity investments in Dunamu Inc. and Tosslab, etc.
- Advised Goldman Sachs PIA in its investment in Woowa Brothers
- Advised Bagel Code in its Series C financing
- Advised KCA Capital, a Singaporean-Chinese joint venture, in its equity investment in Cowin DST
- Advised Mistletoe, a Japanese-Singaporean Venture Capital, in its investment in Classting
- Advised Global Brain in equity acquisition of Warp Solution Inc.
- Advised Samsung Venture Investment in its investment in Gojek Indonesia
- Advised Shakr Media in its preferred shares financing from Walden SKT Venture Fund, L.P
- Advised Alibaba in its equity investment of Bankware Global
- Advised Keytone Venture in its equity investment in Innospark Inc.
- Advised Applied Ventures in its Series B RCPS investment in TG Optoelectronics Technology Corporation
- Advised Applied Materials in its equity investment in IOnes
- Advised Kamur Partners in its equity investment in Pixelplus
- Advised Cisco International and Hanwha Investment in their acquisition of shares in N3N
- Advised Skylake in its acquisition of equity interest in Yanolja
- Onshore PEF formation of Macquarie Korea Opportunities Management, MBK Partners, STIC Investments, Standard Chartered Private Equity, IMM Private Equity, VIG Partners, Unison Capital, Hahn & Company, etc.
- Offshore private fund formation of Anchor Equity Partners, Softbank Ventures Asia, etc.
- Formation of various types of collective investment vehicles such as investment trusts, venture capital funds, etc.
94 Professionals Ranked as Leading Lawyers – Who’s Who Legal: Korea 20192019.07.31
“Most Innovative National Law Firm of the Year: South Korea” for 17 Years in a Row - IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards 20192019.03.07
Top Ranked in All Eight Categories and 34 Individual Recognitions - Chambers Global 20192019.02.15
“Best M&A Legal Advisor” – 2019 Korea Capital Markets Money Today thebell League Table Awards2019.01.24
Proposed Amendment to Ease Regulations on Private Equity Funds2018.12.31
“In-House Community Firm of the Year” in Seven Practice Areas - Asian-MENA Counsel Firms of the Year 20182018.12.14