Accredited Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR) (2023-Present)
Member, Human Rights and Business Forum, National Human Rights Commission of Korea (2023-Present)
Mediator, Singapore International Mediation Centre (2022-Present)
Arbitrator, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (2021-Present)
Executive Committee Member, Korean Council for International Arbitration (2021-Present)
Member, KCAB INTERNATIONAL Women’s Interest Committee (2021-Present)
Member, Young Practitioners Sub-Committee, Equal Representation in Arbitration (2020-Present)
Sports Arbitration Lawyer for PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (2017-2018)
Addleshaw Goddard, London Office (2017)
Debevoise & Plimpton, London Office (2017)
Member, Legal Advisory Panel for Outbound Small to Medium Businesses, Ministry of Justice, Republic of Korea (2014-Present)
Kim & Chang (2010-Present)
- Represented Korean IT companies against Chinese companies in ICC and SIAC arbitrations with anti-arbitration/anti-suit injunction in relation to licensing disputes.
- Represented a Japanese manufacturing company against a Korean company in ad-hoc arbitration under Korean law in relation to a power plant dispute in Bangladesh.
- Represented a Korean contractor against Bangladesh companies in ICC arbitration in relation to power plant disputes in Bangladesh.
- Represented Korean shipbuilding companies against European companies in LMAA arbitrations in relation to the semi-submersible rigs building disputes.
- Represented the Korean Government against Dutch subsidiaries of a UAE state-owned company in ICSID arbitration filed under the Korea-Netherlands BIT in relation to international taxation.
- Represented a Canadian company against Korean companies in Korean litigation/ad-hoc arbitration under Korean law in relation to power plant disputes in Korea.
- Represented a Korean train manufacturer against a Taiwanese authority in ad-hoc arbitration under Taiwanese law in relation to a dispute in Taiwan.
- Represented a Korean contractor against an Italian subcontractor in KCAB arbitration in relation to a dispute that arose from the Iran sanctions.
- Represented a Korean manufacturer against a US contractor in AAA arbitration in relation to the jack-up rig building dispute in China.
- Advised Korean investors in relation to joint venture disputes in China involving CIETAC arbitration.
- Advised a French vehicle supplier against a Korean company involving KCAB mediation.
- Regularly advises international and Korean clients in relation to dispute resolution strategies involving ICC, LCIA, SIAC, SCMA, KCAB, CIETAC, HKIAC, JCAA, and AAA arbitration, as well as Korean dispute resolution procedures in support of arbitration.
- Leading Lawyer, Asialaw Leading Lawyers: Dispute Resolution (Euromoney, 2022-2023)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Global, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Chambers and Partners, 2023)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Dispute Resolution: Arbitration (Chambers and Partners, 2022-2023)
- Stand-out Lawyer - Independently Rated Lawyers (Thomson Reuters, 2022-2023)
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: Commercial and Transactions (Euromoney, 2018-2023)
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: International Arbitration (Euromoney, 2018-2021)
- Next Generation Lawyer, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: International Arbitration (Legalease, 2017-2018)
- Key ESG Trends to Watch in 2022, KORUM Magazine (Spring Edition) (Co-author, Korean-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2022)
- ‘Human Rights Business Management’ and ‘ESG Business Management’, BFL Vol. 110 (Co-author, Center for Financial Law, 2011.11.)
- ESG and Human Right Due Diligence: Charm and Trap of Human Right Due Diligence (in Korean) (Co-author, Monthly Labor Law, 2021)
- Tackling Diverse Issues in Arbitration Agreement: Focusing on M&A, Finance, Distributorship, Technology, and Construction, Korea Arbitration Review (Issue 12) (Co-author, KCAB International, 2021)
- Lexis PSL Practice Note - State Immunity and Arbitration in South Korea (2019.2.)
- Lexis PSL Practice Note - Interim Measures in Support of Arbitration in South Korea (2019.2.)
- Lexis PSL Practice Note - Enforcing Arbitral Awards in South Korea (2019.2.)
- A Guide to International Arbitration for Korean Companies (in Korean), Revised Edition (Co-author, Ministry of Justice of Republic of Korea, 2014.12.)
Oxford Leading Sustainable Corporations Programme (Completed Coursework, 2022)
London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M., 2017)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (2010)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 2008)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2010; England & Wales (Solicitor), 2018
Korean, English and Chinese