Kim & Chang (2005-Present)
Judge Advocate, Republic of Korea Army (2002-2005)
Real Estate Development Projects
- Advised on a development project for fulfillment centers in Incheon, Pyeongtaek, Yongin, Icheon, etc.
- Advised on a number of projects for land acquisition and real estate development to construct a large-scale furniture store.
- Advised on a development project for a complex commercial building including retail stores and hotels in Myeong-dong.
- Advised on a development project for luxury housing at a hotel site in Cheongdam-dong.
- Advised on a development project and sale of a complex shopping mall in the Technopark business area of Songdo, Incheon.
- Advised on a multi-functional complex development project in Myeongji Area, Busan-Jinhae Free Economic Zone.
- Advised on an officetel development project in Seokchon-dong, Songpa-gu.
- Advised on land acquisition in Pyeongtaek Industrial Complex and a fulfillment center development project.
- Advised on a commercial facility development project in Sinsa-dong.
- Advised on an apartment development project in Hannam-dong.
- Advised on a development project of an IT center in Jamsil.
- Advised on a development project of a complex commercial building in Yeouido.
- Advised a foreign automobile company on a development project of a driving center.
- Advised on development projects for complex shopping malls in Samsan-dong, Ulsan, etc.
Matters Relating to Resorts and Hotels
- Agreement related to sale of stock and operation of a hotel corporation located in Hannam-dong.
- Advised an American company operating a casino business on construction of a complex casino resort in Korea.
- Advised on expansion of a foreigner-exclusive casino in a hotel located in Seoul.
- Advised a Chinese company on acquisition of and investment into a casino located in Jeju-do.
- Advised a Japanese company operating a casino business on establishment and operation of a Korean corporation.
- Represented a foreign corporation and advised on domestic gaming regulations, legislative trends, industry-related risk analysis, etc.
Real Estate Sale and Purchase, etc.
- Advised a multinational pharmaceutical company on sale of its office located in Myeong-dong.
- Advised on acquisition and remodeling of an office located at Gangnam Station through REF.
- Advised on sale of an office located in Sangam-dong.
- Advised on acquisition and remodeling of an office located in Donggyo-dong through REF.
- Advised on acquisition of a fulfillment center in Busan through REF.
- Advised on acquisition of the Centre Point Gwanghwamun building in Doryeom-dong through REIT.
- Advised on acquisition of Mirae Tower in Sindorim-dong through REF.
- Advised on acquisition of land and buildings in the urban environment improvement zone in Section 5 of Seosomun-dong.
- Advised on sale en bloc of a real-estate portfolio including Korean offices and distribution stores owned by an American financial company.
- Advised on other projects for acquisition and sale/lease (details are omitted).
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Real Estate (Chambers and Partners, 2021-2023)
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Real Estate (Legalease, 2021-2023)
- Recognized Practitioner, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Real Estate (Chambers and Partners, 2019-2020)
- Lawyer of the Year: Real Estate (Legal Times, 2018)
- The Real Estate Law Review (Edition 9-11): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2020-2022)
- Getting the Deal Through - Real Estate: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2015)
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling (2015 Edition): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Global Legal Group, 2014)
- European Lawyer Reference - Gaming Law (Edition 1, 2): South Korea Chapter (Co-author, Thomson Reuters, 2012, 2014)
- PLC Private Acquisitions Multi-Jurisdictional Guide: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Practical Law Company, 2009-2010)
UCLA School of Law (LL.M., 2011)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (2002)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 2000)
Admitted to Bar, Korea, 2002; New York, 2015