International Arbitrator, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (2022-Present)
Adjunct Professor, Underwood International College, Yonsei University (2020-2022)
Member, YSIAC Committee (2019-Present)
Kim & Chang (2016-Present)
Lee & Ko (2012-2015)
- Represented a Korean company in an AAA arbitration against a UK entity over multijurisdictional sales disputes.
- Represented a Korean company in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Singapore against an Indian company.
- Represented a Korean shipbuilding company in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in London against an Iranian national shipping company.
- Represented a Cambodian entity in an ICC Arbitration regarding breach and termination of land purchase agreement in Cambodia.
- Represented a Korean subsidiary of an international software company in an ICC Arbitration regarding a license abuse case in the ICC proceeding.
- Represented a Korean engineering company in an ICC Arbitration against a European company in an IP-related dispute and related emergency arbitration proceeding.
- Advised a Korean IT software company in related and parallel arbitrations before ICC and SIAC against multi parties.
- Advised a Korean shipyard in LMAA ad hoc arbitration proceedings against a Norwegian offshore oil rig operator and buyer of a semi-submersible drilling unit.
- Representing a Korean shipbuilding company with respect to LNG carriers in multiple LMAA proceedings.
- Representing a Korean infrastructure company in an ICC Arbitration to resolve dispute regarding the impact of the development of a competing traffic facility.
- Representing a Korean chemical company in an ICC arbitration regarding co-development and marketing of new pharmaceutical product.
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: International Arbitration (Euromoney, 2023)
- Rising Star, Expert Guides - Rising Stars: Commercial Arbitration (Expert Guides, 2022)
- Future Leader, Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration (Who’s Who Legal, 2020-2023)
- Rising Star, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: International Arbitration (Legalease, 2020)
- Arbitration Award, The Third Korea National Legal Award (Money Today (Korean economic newspaper) and Korea In-house Counsel Association, 2020)
- 40 Under 40 in Asia (Asian Legal Business, 2019)
- Arbitration Award, The First Korea National Legal Award (Money Today (Korean economic newspaper) and Korea In-house Counsel Association, 2018)
- The Baker & McKenzie International Arbitration Yearbook 2013, Korea Chapter (Co-author, Juris Publishing, 2013)
- Default on Costs: A Review under the ICC Rules, Korean Arbitration Review 3rd Issue (Co-author, The Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, 2013)
Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2012)
Korea University (M.A., International Studies, 2008)
Yonsei University (B.A., English Literature, 2005)
Admitted to bar, New York, 2014
Korean and English
“Tier 1” in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20232023.05.09
Three Kim & Chang Attorneys Recognized as “Rising Stars” – Expert Guides: Rising Stars 20222022.09.29
SIAC Lecture in Seoul: The (Ab)use of Due Process in International Arbitration2022.07.20
Amendments to the ICSID Arbitration Rules2022.06.22
Joint Webinar with KWEIA and Clifford Chance on Offshore Wind Farm2022.05.03
Most “Global Leaders” and “Future Leaders” in Korea – WWL: Arbitration 20222021.12.17