Member, Contents Dispute Resolution Committee, Korea Creative Content Agency (2023.5.-Present)
Member, Copyright Protection Deliberation Committee, Korea Copyright Protection Agency (2022.12.-Present)
TMI Associates (2012.9.-2012.12.)
Kim & Chang (2005-Present)
- Represented various companies on patent litigation.
- Represented various companies on copyright litigation.
- Represented various companies on trademark litigation.
- Represented various companies for trade secrets misappropriation.
- Advised various companies on matters of IP strategy.
- Advised various companies on matters of mixed issues on IP and antitrust.
- Advised various companies on matters of IP licensing and licensing negotiations.
- Drafted a patent transfer and non-exclusive license agreement.
- Prepared various policies for trade secret protection.
- Conducted due diligence on IP assets of target companies.
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: Intellectual Property (Legalease, 2023)
- Leading Lawyer, Who’s Who Legal: IP - Copyright (Who’s Who Legal, 2021-2022)
- Minister of Justice Prize (Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea, 2005)
- Questions and Answers on Protection of Trade Secrets in South Korea (PATENT, 2021.10.)
- Overview of Japan Intellectual Property High Court Grand Panel's Decisions Rendered in 2019 and 2020 (Co-author, Law and Technology, 2020.7.)
- The Past, Present and Future of Determining the Progress of Patents, Journal of Industrial Property, Vol. 52 (Korea Intellectual Property Association, 2017.4.)
- Speaker, “The Past, Present and Future of Determining the Progress of Korean Courts,” 50th Anniversary of the Korean Intellectual Property Association (Korea Intellectual Property Association, 2016.11.)
University of San Diego, School of Law (LL.M., 2012)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (2005)
Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University (M.S., 1997)
Seoul National University (B.Eng., Mechanical Engineering, 1995)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2005
Korean, English and Japanese
“Tier 1” in All 16 Practice Areas – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 20232023.01.12
Higher Scrutiny of Employee Invention Remuneration Cases2022.09.30
11 Individual Recognitions – WWL: IP 20222022.07.08
11 Individual Recognitions - Who's Who Legal: IP 20212021.07.28
Japan Intellectual Property Association Training Course Workshop2021.06.18
Webinar on New Decision on Selection Invention Patentability in Korea2021.05.13