Kim & Chang (2021-Present)
Bae, Kim & Lee LLC (2014-2021)
Financial Regulations & Fintech
- Advised on a financial institution’s project, new product and corporate governance.
- Advised on the establishment and license acquisition of an internet-only bank.
- Advised on financial, e-financial, information protection, F/X and AML regulation matters of local and international fintech companies, financial institutions and virtual asset exchanges.
- Advised on F/X regulation issues arising from Bitcoin transactions.
- Advised on the acquisition of a Korean bank and security company by a Korean financial company.
- Advised on the investment in overseas financial institutions by a Korean financial company.
- Advised on the investment in a Korean life insurance company by an overseas life insurance company.
- Advised on the investment in a Korean facial mask manufacturing company by an overseas financial company.
- Advised on an all-inclusive share swap between Korean financial companies.
- Advised on the investment in a Korean information company by a Korean IT company.
- Advised on shareholder disputes and represented clients in related litigations.
- An Introduction to FinTech Legal: South Korea, Chambers Professional-Advisers FinTech 2023 (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2022)
- Opening the floor for global discussions: regulatory transition around digital assets in South Korea (Co-author, IFLR, 2022)
- Studies on Social Economic Laws (Co-author, Kyungin Publishing, 2018)
- Beyond Bank Ownership Restrictions, IFLR Asia-Pacific FinTech Special Focus (Co-author, 2017)
University of Chicago Law School (LL.M., 2019)
Seoul National University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
Korea University (B.A., Business Administration, 2011)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2014; New York, 2020
Korean and English