ICC YAF Regional Representative of the North Asia Chapter (2021-Present)
Three Crowns LLP, Washington D.C. (2019)
Kim & Chang (2015-2018, 2019-Present)
- Representing private equity funds in an ICC arbitration to resolve dispute regarding the exercise of a put option to exit investment in a Korean insurance company.
- Representing a Japanese multinational company in an ad hoc arbitration seated in Korea regarding an insurance claim against a Korean insurance company.
- Representing a Korean conglomerate in an ICC arbitration, seated in London and governed by Korean law, of a joint-venture dispute against a US multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a Korean subsidiary of a Kuala Lumpur-based multinational JV company in ICC arbitration, including Emergency Arbitrator proceedings, seated in Singapore and governed by Korean law, against a Korean counterparty in a dispute related to distribution of construction material.
- Represented a Korean multinational company against a Brazilian distributor regarding outstanding receivables and damage claims in multi-jurisdictional proceedings in Brazil, including arbitration in Canada-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce and multiple litigations in Brazilian courts.
- Represented a Cambodian subsidiary of a Korean conglomerate in an ICC arbitration, seated in Singapore and governed by Cambodian law, against a Cambodian party in a dispute related to purchase of land for a development project.
- Represented a Korean subsidiary of a German multinational company in Korean Commercial Arbitration Board arbitration, seated in Korea and governed by Korean law, against a Korean counterparty in a post-M&A dispute.
- Represented and advised a Korean conglomerate against a Polish state government, consortium members, and subcontractors regarding construction claims in multi-jurisdictional proceedings in Poland, including arbitration in Warsaw, potential investment claims, and multiple litigations.
- Advised on investment treaty disputes, sports arbitration, and multi-national construction disputes.
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific: International Arbitration (Legalease, 2022-2023)
- Procedural Issues in an Arbitration: Disclosure, The Guide to Investment Treaty Protection and Enforcement (Co-author, Global Arbitration Review, 2022)
- Shift in Paradigm in Investor-State Arbitration: Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Korea Arbitration Review Issue 11 (Co-author, KCAB International, 2020)
- A Study on Draft Rules for Administration of UNCITRAL Arbitration (Co-author, Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, 2017)
- A Study on Establishment of Sports Arbitration Institution, Advanced Commercial Law Review (Co-author, Ministry of Justice, 2017)
- A Study on Methods of Revitalization of Sports Arbitration (Co-author, Ministry of Justice, 2016)
Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2019)
School of Law, Seoul National University (J.D., 2015)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 2012)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 2015
Korean and English
Kim & Chang Professionals Participate in ICC YAAF’s “Another Tub – Is it Time for Fact Witness Conferencing?” Seminar2023.04.20
“Tier 1” in All 16 Practice Areas – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 20232023.01.12
Seminar with the International Chamber of Commerce2022.11.09
ICC YAF Webinar on “Law and Culture in North Asian Arbitration”2022.05.17
The GAR Guide to Investment Treaty Protection and Enforcement – Procedural Issues in an Arbitration: Disclosure2022.01.14
“Tier 1” in All 15 Practice Areas – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 20222022.01.13