Kim & Chang (2013-Present)
Lee & Ko (2012–2013.10.)
Atsumi & Sakai (2010-2011)
Mamiya Law Offices (2008-2009)
Atsumi & Partners (2004-2008)
Hashidate Law Office (2000-2004)
- Assisted a Korean purchaser in the acquisition of a Japanese direct marketing company in the inner beauty industry selling brands.
- Assisted Japanese manufacturing companies in antitrust investigations by competition authorities in Korea, US, Europe and Australia.
- Assisted a Korean purchaser in the acquisition of the food business of a Japanese target.
- Assisted a Japanese company seeking to list on the Korea Exchange.
- Assisted a Hong Kong purchaser in the acquisition of an international hotel in Hakone.
- Assisted Japanese and non-Japanese financial advisers/asset managers in the acquisition of office buildings, retail stores, logistics centers and residential buildings using TMK/TK-GK structure.
- Advised on a large Japanese healthcare provider’s USD 2 billion private transaction contemplated to result in the first and largest whole-business, as well as Japanese and non-Japanese banks and financial institutions on other structured finance loans.
- Assisted Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese and other non-Japanese companies in various M&As, including the acquisition of a subsidiary of a major Japanese telecommunications company, the acquisition of a subsidiary of a major Japanese food trading company and other non-Japanese technology-related companies.
- Assisted Japanese and US investment companies and financial institutions in the establishment of off-shore funds in the Cayman Islands and other private equity funds, including an India-based infrastructure development fund and a Korea-based private equity fund.
- Assisted Japanese institutional investors in investment in non-Japanese private placement funds, and a Korean company and US hedge funds and investment management companies in Japanese public companies and related securities filings.
- Assisted Japanese, Korean, US and German companies in complex international litigation and arbitration cases involving real-estate transactions, cross-border investments, patents and other intellectual property issues in Japan, New York and European countries.
- Assisted Japanese franchisors and franchisees in franchise structures and agreements for various food services and US-based retail shipping, post and business services.
- Acritas Star – Independently Rated Lawyers (Acritas, 2018-2019)
- Leading Lawyer, Who's Who Legal: Competition (Law Business Research, 2017, 2019)
Graduate Schools of Law and Politics, The University of Tokyo (Foreign Research Student, 2011)
New York Law School (J.D., 1998)
Utah State University (B.A., English, 1993)
Admitted to bar, New York, 1999
Korean, English and Japanese