Member, Investment Management Committee, National Pension Service (2020-Present)
Kim & Chang (2002-2011, 2016-Present)
Jones Day, Paris (2011-2016)
Chairman, French Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Korea (2005-2011)
DW Partners, Seoul (1995-2002)
Kim, Shin & Yu (1991-1996)
Deputy Director, French Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Korea (1990-1991)
DS Avocats, Paris (1989)
- Advised a global aeronautics and space company in the formation a major joint venture European aerospace company.
- Represented a global European defense company in the sale of its equity to a major Korean defense electronics company.
- Advised a Korean engineering and construction company in their successful bid for a USD 1.37 billion EPC contract to build two mega combined-cycle power plants in Algeria.
- Advised a major Korean IT company in its investment in a high-end French tech company.
- Represented a tier one automotive supplier in obtaining an ICC award against a company for breach of a joint-venture agreement and misappropriation of know-how.
- Represented a global chemical company in the acquisition of the combined 50% equity of other shareholders in a Korean automotive catalyst joint-venture.
- Represented one of the leading Korean asset management companies in an indirect acquisition of Tour So Ouest Plaza in Levallois-Perret (France) for EUR 473.8 million.
- Assisted the Korean Government in the establishment of a public utility foundation (Fondation reconnue d’utilité publique) used for the Korea House (Maison de la Corée) located in the Cité Internationale Universitaire of Paris. Provided advice related to the legal and regulatory framework for the management of the Korea House and the real estate related deeds and agreements between the Korean Government and the Universities of Paris.
- Assisted a consortium of Korean investors in a bid for the acquisition of a group of photovoltaic solar power plants located in France.
- Advised a consortium of Korean investors in a bid for the acquisition of infrastructures (LNG terminals) located in France.
- Assisted a retail company established in France in a collective termination for economic reason.
- Advised a European company in the course of an investigation by the Korea Fair Trade Commission for abuse of market dominance.
- Assisted a food retail company in the acquisition of a US company operating 1200 stores over 30 countries.
- Advised a specialty chemicals company in the sale of a land implying the demolition of a factory and decontamination of the soil to allow an urban development project by the buyer.
- Honorary Citizen of the City of Seoul (2010)
- Knight of the French National Merit Order (2006)
- Crisis Changes: Covid 19 Challenges for Organizations (Co-author, MA Editions, 2020.6.)
- Guide des Affaires Corée du Sud - Legal, Tax, IP sections (Business France, 2017.10.)
- Delivery (Yong In Media, 2017.3.)
- Acting IN Delivery Mode (Eyrolles, 2015.4.)
- To Get Rid of the Euro Crisis, the Need to Restore the Rule of Law (Les Echos, 2012.2.)
- How to Understand the New World (Le Figaro, 2012.1.)
- Facing Declinism, Let’s Have a Real Strategy Towards Emerging Countries (Le Figaro, 2011.4.)
- Now, It’s Time for Europe (Kyobo Publishing, 2010.2.)
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, “Navigating the Expansion of Korea’s Class Action Law” (Federation of Korean Industries, 2021.3.)
- Speaker, “Data Privacy in the Era of COVID” Webinar (French Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 2020.4.)
- Moderator, France-Korea Business Leaders Summit in Paris (Co-hosted by Medef and KITA, participated by Moon Jae-In, President of the Republic of Korea, 2018.10.)
- Speaker, “Managing Opposites” in Lisbon (European HR Directors Circle, 2017.5.)
- Moderator, “Aerospace Forum” in Seoul (Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and the Embassy of France in Korea, 2016.12.)
- Moderator, “France Korea 2015 Forum: the New Vectors of the Creative Economy” in Paris (Korean Chamber in France and the French Senate, 2016.10.)
- Moderator and Master of Ceremony, “Korea France Business Forum” in Paris (hosted by Medef and FKI, participated by Ms. Park Geun-Hye, President of Korea, 2016.6.)
- Speaker, “Capitalizing from Digital Disruption, a Digital Momentum for Korea” in Lisbon (European HR Directors Circle, 2016.5.)
- Moderator, “South Korea Seminar” in Paris (Business France and Creative France, 2016.3.)
- Moderator and Master of Ceremony, “Economic Forum, Strategic Partnership Between France and Korea” in Seoul (Hosted by Embassy of France in Korea, FKI, KCCI, KITA, K-Biz and Ahpek, participated by the Presidents of Korea and France, Ms. Park Geun-Hye and Francois Hollande, 2015.11.)
- Moderator, “France Korea Economic Forum” in Seoul (Participated by Jean-Marc Ayrault, Prime Minister of France, 2013.7.)
- Moderator, “France Korea Economic Forum” in Seoul (Participated by Francois Fillon, Prime Minister of France, 2011.10.)
- Prospects of the Korea-EU Free Trade Agreement, 10th Meeting of the FKI-Medef Korea-France Businessmen’s Club (2011.5.)
- Master of Ceremony, “First A 380 Delivery by Airbus to Korean Air Ceremony” (2011.5.)
Featured in Le Figaro, le Monde, Les Echos, Challenges, l’Usine, Liberation, Le Monde du Droit, Korea Economic Daily, Chosun Ilbo, Donga Ilbo, Moonhwa Ilbo, Chosun Weekly, Donga Weekly, Joongang Daily News, France 2, France 24, KBS, MBC, Arirang TV, EBS, France Culture, Europe 1, RFI, Radio Classique, among many other media channels and publications.
Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne University (DEA in Civil Law 1988)
Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne University (Master in Civil Law, 1987)
Admitted to bar, Paris, 1988
Korean, French and English