Kim & Chang (2013.3.-Present)
Presiding Judge, Seongnam Branch Court (2010-2012)
Expert Counsel, Sentencing Guideline Commission (2010-2011)
Presiding Judge, Suncheon Branch Court (2009)
Judge, Seoul Central District Court (2008)
Director of Planning, Court Administration Ministry (2006-2007)
Judge, Seoul High Court (2005)
Judge, Seoul Northern District Court (2004)
Judge, Daejeon District Court (2003)
Judge, Gongju Branch Court (2001-2002)
Judge, Seoul Dongbu District Court (1999-2000)
Judge, Seoul Central District Court (1997-1998)
- Carried out many lawsuits regarding ordinary wage cases, including an ordinary wage issue case involving an oral argument before a full bench of the Supreme Court.
- Carried out many civil and criminal lawsuits regarding in-house subcontracting issues, including a case about a major domestic auto company.
- Carried out a lawsuit regarding a legal definition of employees claimed by an executive of the branch of a global enterprise and a lawsuit regarding a delegated person of a large domestic company.
- Carried out many lawsuits regarding effectiveness and legal effect of Wage Peak System and Comprehensive Wage System.
- Carried out a criminal lawsuit regarding legitimacy of the recruitment process of a domestic financial company.
- Carried out many lawsuits regarding disputes between IT companies, including a case involving the domestic business of a global web portal company.
- Carried out many lawsuits regarding trade secret cases, including a case on the overseas outflow of display technology.
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: Labour and Employment (Euromoney, 2022)
- Stand-out Lawyer - Independently Rated Lawyers (Thomson Reuters, 2021)
- Acritas Star – Independently Rated Lawyers (Acritas, 2018-2019)
- Annotations for Trade Union and Labor Relations Adjustment Act - revised edition (Co-author, Academy of Labor Standards Act in Supreme Court of Korea, 2023)
- Study on Validity of Comprehensive Wage System and Principle of Minimum Standard, Human Rights and Justice Vol. 488 (Korean Bar Association, 2020)
- Annotations for Labor Standards Act - revised edition (Co-author, Academy of Labor Standards Act in Supreme Court of Korea, 2020)
- Study on Whether the Successor from a Co-owner Should Conform the Contract among the Co-owners, Journal of Private Case Law Studies (Academy of Private Case Law Studies, 2011)
- Annotations for Labor Standards Act (Co-author, Academy of Labor Standards Act in Supreme Court of Korea, 2010)
- Trial Guideline for Criminal Cases with Foreign Defendants (Co-author, Gwangju District Court, 2009)
- Parallel Importation of Genuine Goods, Intellectual Properties Vol. 10 (2005)
- Starting Time of Exclusion Period of Creditor’s Right of Revocation (Case Studies for Civil and Criminal Trial, Seoul Northern District Court, 2004)
- Study on Presumptive or Selective Co-litigation (Case Studies Material Vol. 5, Daejeon District Court, 2003)
- Minority Shareholder Protection in the Sale of Control Block (The Reference Materials for Judicial Adjudication, 2001)
- Study on Concentrated Trial in Civil Cases of Small Claims, The Reference Materials for Judicial Adjudication Vol. 104 (Korean Court Library, 2001)
- Study on Effect of Acknowledgement about Transferring a Bill of Debt, Journal of Private Case Law Studies (Academy of Private Case Law Studies, 2001)
- Study on Validity of a Falling-off in Working Conditions (Korean Bar Association Journal, 1999)
- Issues in Practice of Expended Legal Validity of a Collective Labour Agreement (Korean Lawyers Association Journal, 1997)
- Issues in Practice of Selector’s Legal Status (Papers on Practical Issues of Seoul Central District Court, 1997)
- Speaker, “Study on a Range of Application of the Duty of Fair Representation with Regard to the Negotiation Right of the Bargaining Representative Union” (Korean Supreme Court Labor Law Society, 2016.7.)
- Designated discussion panelist, “Study on Validity of Agreement Between Employer and Union That Is Violating Enforcing Law and Applicability of Good Faith Theory,” Monthly Seminar (Academy of Private Law Case Studies, 2014.10.)
- Speaker, “Study on Judicial Determination Regarding Working Condition in Considered Employment or Duty for Employment Forced by Worker Dispatching Act” (Korean Supreme Court Labor Law Society, 2014.5.)
- Designated discussion panelist, “Analysis on Recent Court Ruling in Ordinary Wage Case” (Korean Supreme Court Labor Law Society, 2013.4.)
- “The Role of Intellectual Properties in Cross-Border Trade” (Center for Law & Technology of Seoul National University, 2005.11.)
- “Parallel Importation of Genuine Goods” (Study group for Intellectual Property in the Supreme Court of Korea, 2005.10.)
- Special Theme Lecturer, “Method for Systematic Job Accomplishment of Corporate Attorney” (Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea, 2005.10.)
Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2005)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (1994)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 1992)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 1994
Korean and English
“Tier 1” in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20232023.05.09
Tier 1 in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20222022.05.06
Seoul Bar Association’s Eighth Compliance Training Institute Course2019.07.31
Kim & Chang Attorneys Recognized as Leading Lawyers - Legal Times Leading Lawyers 20172017.08.10
Seminar on the Improper Solicitation and Graft Act for Midsize Businesses2016.09.23
Mentoring Program on Legal Profession with Law School Students2015.07.24