Jung-Chull LEE Foreign Attorney (Admitted in California and New York)
Kim & Chang (2016-Present)
Reed Smith, LLP (2010-2015)
LiveOps, Inc. (2008-2009)
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. (2006-2008)
Dewey Ballantine LLP (2004-2006)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a leading semiconductor company in its leveraged buyout to a consortium of investment firms, which was at the time the largest leveraged buyout ever in the technology sector.
- Represented a global provider of information technology, business consulting, enterprise applications and business process services and its affiliates in various US and cross-border mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Represented an e-commerce credit card payment system management company in its agreement to merge with a multinational financial services corporation.
- Represented a global video game company in its agreement to acquire the holding company of multiple video game developers.
- Represented a leading pharmaceutical company in its agreement to acquire a health care network dedicated exclusively to cancer treatment and research.
- Represented a leading global developer of audio, imaging and voice technologies in various US and cross-border mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Represented a publicly-listed emissions control systems manufacturer and distributer in its stock-for-stock merger with a global vehicle emissions control system provider.
- Represented a global specialist in joinery ACAD outsourcing in its agreement to sell substantially all of its assets to one of the world's largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers.
- Represented a publicly-listed semiconductor company in various US and cross-border mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Represented a global electronics company in its agreement to acquire a company that maintains and licenses an Internet-accessible database containing information about the contents of audio compact discs and vinyl records.
- Represented a leading Korean conglomerate and its US affiliates in various US and cross-border mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Represented a global leader in virtualization solutions in its agreement to acquire an application performance management software company.
Public Offerings of Equity and Debt
- Represented major Chinese semiconductor company in its initial public offering.
- Represented a leading animal health solutions company in its initial public offering.
- Represented a major European investment bank in its underwriting of a US software company’s initial public offering.
Emerging Companies/Private Equity Investments
- Represented numerous venture capital and private equity firms (including those from US, Korea, Japan, China, UK, Canada and Oman) in strategic investments in technology companies.
- Represented numerous technology companies in various private placement, equity financing and debt financing transactions.
- Represented a major Korean Bank in various lending transactions.
IP/Technology Licensing and Outsourcing
- Represented a leading Korean automobile company and its affiliates in a software licensing and collaboration with a global internet company.
- Represented a leading Japanese automobile company in various software, patent and other IP licensing and outsourcing transactions.
- Represented a major European telecom company in its $3.5 billion outsourcing provisioning transaction with a major US IT company.
- Represented a major US software company in its outsourcing provisioning transaction with an offshore service provider.
- Represented an automobile company in outsourcing its call center to an off-shore service provider.
- Chambers Global Practice Guides - Gaming Law 2021: South Korea - Law & Practice (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2021)
- The Media and Entertainment Law Review (Edition 2, 3): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2020-2021)
- The Corporate Governance Review (Edition 9-12): Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2019-2022)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide - Shareholders’ Rights and Shareholder Activism: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2019)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide - TMT: Korea chapter - Law & Practice (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2019)
- Speaker, “Entrepreneurial Ecosystem of Korea: New Trends in Acceleration and Internationalization,” part of a lecture series entitled “New Trends in Startup Company Acceleration: Toward the Rise of the Global Startup” (US-Asia Technology Management Center School of Engineering at Stanford University, 2014.12.)
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 2004)
University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School (Certificate in Business and Public Policy, 2004)
Seoul National University (B.A., 2000)
Admitted to bar, California, 2007; New York, 2005
Korean and English