Kim & Chang (2017-Present)
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. (2014-2017)
New Jersey Superior Court, Union Vicinage - Hon. Kenneth Grispin (2013-2014)
District Court of New Jersey - Hon. Freda Wolfson (2012)
- Counseled private and public clients on environmental liability risks in business transactions, site remediation projects, redevelopment projects, and other industrial operations.
- Advised multinational corporations on various environmental regulations (e.g., K-REACH, Chemicals Control Act, K-BPR, Wastes Control Act, Act on Safety Control of Hazardous Substances, etc.).
- Involved in representing commercial real estate developers and local municipalities in securing grants, permits and approvals of governmental agencies.
- Co-counseled in an international arbitration case, which involved the acquisition of a manufacturing factory in Korea, and other associated civil litigations.
- Participated in administrative and criminal proceedings on violations of various environmental laws in Korea.
- Engaged in environmental & ESG due diligence in numerous M&A transactions.
- Guided multinational trading/petrochemical companies through carbon emission regulations and assisted them with establishing domestic entities in Korea.
- Advised a pipeline utility company and merchant generators on federal, state and local municipality permitting issues in the U.S.
- Negotiated terms of service agreements for solar and other onsite generation projections.
- Advised leading investment companies and lenders on federal and state requirements for investment in New Jersey solar energy facilities, and state solar energy incentives.
- Co-counseled in a siting dispute for major grid-supply solar projects.
- Counseled international investors on renewable energy regulations in Korea.
- Advised numerous clients on renewable energy projects (e.g., solar projects, offshore/onshore wind projects, etc.).
- Participated in M&A transactions involving renewable energy projects.
- International Comparative Legal Guide to Environmental, Social & Governance 2023: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Global Legal Group, 2022-2023)
- Chambers Global Practice Guides - Energy: Oil & Gas 2022: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2022)
- Lexology Getting the Deal Through - ESG & Impact Investing 2022: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2021)
- Q&A: purpose-driven companies in South Korea (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2021)
- Korea Environmental Legal Update (Autumn 2020) (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2020)
Lewis & Clark Law School (J.D., 2013)
New York University School of Law (Visiting Scholar, 2013)
Harvard University (Ph.D., Organismic & Evolutionary Biology, 2010)
Seoul National University (M.S., Behavioral Ecology, 2005)
Seoul National University (B.S., Forestry, 2002)
Admitted to bar, New York and New Jersey, 2014
Korean and English
Enactment of the K-Chips Act - Government’s Support and Regulatory Policies for the Semiconductor Industry2023.05.22
Key Details and Implications of the First Court Decision in a SAPA Case2023.04.25
Key Details and Implications of the Serious Accident Reduction Roadmap2023.04.14
Key Contents of the 10th Basic Plan on Electricity Supply and Demand2023.02.07
ICLG - Environmental, Social & Governance 2023: Korea Chapter2023.01.26
Establishment of Specialized Complex for National High-Tech Strategic Industry2023.01.17