Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, International Lawyers Program (1999)
Kim & Chang (1994-Present)
Judge, Seoul Criminal District Court (1993-1994)
Judge, Seoul Civil District Court (1991-1993)
- Represented major US and German investment banks in complex criminal defense and civil litigation.
- Defended a UK client in a landmark case against allegations of market manipulation.
- Defended major Korean banks in one of the largest derivatives-related disputes in Korea.
- Represented multinational companies in major trade secret or privacy law-related disputes.
- Represented major Korean banks in various criminal defense matters and investigations conducted by foreign authorities.
- Defended a major chemical company in one of the largest product liability litigation in Korea.
- Represented a major Korean IT company in its dispute against foreign investors involving corporate governance issues.
- Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific: Commercial and Transactions (Euromoney, 2020-2023)
- Dispute Resolution Star, Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2019: Commercial and Transactions (Euromoney, 2019)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Global: Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Chambers and Partners, 2012-2020)
- Leading Individual, Chambers Asia-Pacific: Dispute Resolution: Litigation (Chambers and Partners, 2012-2020)
- Chief Justice Award, Judicial Research and Training Institute (1991)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide - Litigation: Korea Chapter - Law & Practice (Edition 2) (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2019)
- Chambers Global Practice Guide - Litigation: Korea Chapter - Law & Practice (Co-author, Chambers and Partners, 2019)
- Legal Economics of Insolvency System: Suggestions for Integration of Three Insolvency-related Laws (Co-author, 2003)
- Philip J. McConnaughay, etc. International Commercial Arbitration in Asia (Co-author, 2001)
- Lecture in Specialized Legal Areas, Insolvency Law: M&A of Reorganization Companies, Reorganization Plans (Seoul National University)
Harvard Law School (LL.M., 1999)
Judicial Research and Training Institute of the Supreme Court of Korea (1991)
College of Law, Seoul National University (LL.B., 1989)
Admitted to bar, Korea, 1991; New York, 1999
Korean and English
“Tier 1” in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20232023.05.09
Tier 1 in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20222022.05.06
Tier 1 in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20212021.05.14
Tier 1 in All Ten Practice Areas – Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 20202020.05.08
Top Ranking in All Nine Practice Areas and 32 “Leading Individuals” – Chambers Global 20202020.02.14
Top Tier in 18 Areas and 66 Individual Recognitions – Chambers Asia-Pacific 20202019.12.06