Jihay Ellie KWACK Foreign Attorney (Admitted in New York)
Kim & Chang (2009-Present)
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, LLP, New York (2003-2009)
- Regularly assists a major accounting firm in a wide range of matters including criminal investigation, regulatory proceeding, civil litigation, and administrative litigation involving allegations of accounting audit irregularities and other alleged improprieties.
- Successfully assisted a major Korean company in investigation by US DOJ involving alleged violation of sanctions laws and weakness in anti-money laundering system, and continues to assist the same company in related civil litigation in the United States.
- Regularly assists a number of multinational corporations in criminal investigation and criminal court proceeding involving a wide range of allegations, including but not limited to infringement of trade secrets and violation of personal information protection act.
- Regularly assists a number of multinational corporations in criminal tax investigation or tax audit that carries a risk of conversion to criminal tax investigation.
- Regularly conducts internal investigation concerning a wide range of allegations raised by whistleblowers including but not limited to accounting-related irregularities, workplace harassment, embezzlement, bribery, breach of non-competition obligation, and cartel activities.
- Successfully conducted internal investigation in connection with voluntary reporting of potential improprieties to US regulators (e.g., PCAOB, OFAC).
- Regularly assists a number of multinational corporations in civil litigation in Korean courts.
- Rising Star, Expert Guides: White Collar Crime (Euromoney, 2015-2018)
- Lexology Getting the Deal Through - Government Investigations 2023: Korea Chapter (Co-author, Law Business Research, 2022)
- Guide to Workplace Investigations (Co-author, International Employment Lawyer, 2022)
- Trade Secret Protection: A Global Guide - South Korea (Co-author, Globe Law and Business, 2015.12.)
- Public Offerings by Securities Exchanges, Alternative Trading Systems, and Broker-Dealers, Insights: The Corporate & Securities Law Advisor, Volume 22, Number 10 (Co-author, 2008.10.)
- SEC Is Proactive on Confidentiality Requests for Material Contracts (Co-author, New York Law Journal, 2004.12.)
Harvard Law School (J.D., 2003)
Yonsei University (M.A., English Literature, 1998)
Yonsei University (B.A., English Literature, 1996)
Admitted to bar, New York, 2004
Korean and English