Han Jun CHON Foreign Tax Consultant (Admitted in Australia and New Zealand)
Kim & Chang (2015.11.-Present)
Kim & Chang, Hong Kong (2015.5.-2015.11)
Samil PwC (2002.12-2014.11)
PwC, Sydney (1998.8.-2002.12.)
Samil PwC (1997.7.-1998.7.)
PwC, Sydney (1991.1.-1997.7.)
- Assisted in the tax audit of numerous foreign financial institutions in Korea.
- Advised on the National Tax Tribunal appeal to successfully obtain a refund of securities transaction tax for single foreign investor trusts and a refund of VAT for a UK non-profit organization.
- Fund structuring and transaction tax advice for numerous international and domestic private equity funds including fund structuring advice for one of the first domestic private equity funds in Korea.
- Tax structuring advice for potential outbound investments into Germany by leading Korean MNCs.
- Tax advice over a five year period in the winding up of the Korean operation of a UK-based global investment bank.
- Assisted in the FATCA implementation project for the securities and asset management industries in Korea.
- Tax consulting advice on subsidiarization of a Korean branch of a foreign insurance company.
The University of Sydney (Bachelor of Economics, 1991)
Chartered Accountant, Australia and New Zealand, 1994
Korean and English