David H. PYUN Attorney (Admitted in New York and California)
Kim & Chang (2017-Present)
Yulchon LLC (2010-2017)
Allen, Matkins, Leck, Gamble, Mallory & Natsis LLP, Los Angeles (2008-2009)
Cox, Castle & Nicholson, LLP, Los Angeles (2005-2008)
Mayer Brown LLP, New York and Los Angeles (2002-2005)
Acquisition, Leasing and Sale
- Advised a leading asset management company on the acquisition of landmark governmental buildings in Germany via a Korean real estate fund structure.
- Advised a major international retail company on the acquisition and leasing of commercial and office buildings to real estate funds and real estate investment companies.
- Advised major Korean department store chains and distribution companies on the sale and leaseback of department stores and other commercial facilities.
- Advised leading asset management companies, in their outbound investment in real property in the USA, UK, Brazil, Australia, Malaysia and Vietnam through private real estate funds.
- Advised domestic and foreign institutional investors in their acquisition of office buildings in Korea through real estate funds operated by Korean asset management companies.
Real Estate Finance
- Advised a Chinese private equity fund in the acquisition of US dollar denominated bonds for the purchase, development and financing of a luxury residence development in Gangnam-gu.
- Advised a real estate investment company owning and operating a landmark Seoul office building on multiple refinancing projects.
- Advised a leading asset management company on the acquisition of mezzanine loans secured by over 21 hotel properties in London and other major European cities.
- Advised a Korean institutional investor on the extension of a loan to a real estate fund acquiring a business hotel in Seoul.
- Advised a leading asset management company on the acquisition of a senior loan secured by a major Manhattan hotel.
- Advised a major U.S. casino owner and operator in obtaining a casino license for the development of a multi-billion dollar integrated resort development in Korea.
- Advised a foreign-affiliated financial institution in its acquisition of a commercial office building complex under construction in Seoul through a real estate investment trust fund structure.
- Advised a leading asset management company on the investment of a major office building under development in Brussels, Belgium, via its private fund.
- Advised a leading asset management company on the investment of what will be Korea’s largest logistics facility in Gyeonggi Province.
- Advised domestic and international hotel owners and operators in various hotel management and other real estate and corporate matters.
- Advised a leading asset management company on its acquisition and financing of luxury hotels in Hawaii and San Francisco.
- Recognized Practitioner, Chambers Asia-Pacific: Real Estate (Chambers and Partners, 2016-2020)
New York University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
Cornell University (B.A.,1999)
Admitted to bar, New York, 2004; California, 2006
English and Korean