Kim & Chang was named “Korea Law Firm of the Year” for the eighth consecutive year at the ALB Korea Law Awards 2020. Receiving a total of ten awards, we again took home the most number of accolades this year.
In addition to the five firm awards and four deal awards, Byung Min Choi from our firm was commended as the “Young Lawyer of the Year.”
For further details of the awards we received this year, please see below.
Firm Award Categories – Sole Winner
- Korea Law Firm of the Year (eighth consecutive win)
- Korea Deal Firm of the Year
- Korea Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year (second consecutive win)
- Regulatory and Compliance Law Firm of the Year
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year
Individual Award Categories – Sole Winner
- Young Lawyer of the Year (Law Firm): Byung Min Choi
Deal Award Categories – Co-winner
- Equity Market Deal of the Year: Budweiser APAC’s HK IPO
- M&A Deal of the Year: Business Integration of Z Holdings and LINE
- Project Finance Deal of the Year: ADNOC's Oil Infrastructure Project in UAE
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year: Delivery Hero's Acquisition of Woowa Brothers
ALB Korea Law Awards: Asian Legal Business (“ALB”), a leading legal publication affiliated with Thomson Reuters, annually hosts the ALB Korea Law Awards to celebrate outstanding law firms, deals, private practitioners and in-house teams in various categories. The winners are chosen based on law firm submissions, independent research and an independent judging panel comprised of experts in the legal industry. Entering its eighth year, the awards announced the results virtually on November 12, 2020.
ALB Korea Law Awards 2020