For the seventh year in a row, Kim & Chang won “Korea Law Firm of the Year” in the ALB Korea Law Awards 2019. Kye Sung Chung, our firm’s managing partner, was also distinguished as the “Managing Partner of the Year” for the second consecutive year, making this the fourth time he was honored with this award. Additionally receiving four firm awards and two deal awards, we were recognized in a total of eight categories.
At the awards ceremony, O-Gon Kwon, a Kim & Chang attorney who serves as the President of the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court, was invited as the Guest of Honour to deliver a keynote address.
The following are our winning details:
Firm Award Categories - Sole Winner
- Refinitiv Award Korea Law Firm of the Year
- Banking and Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
- Korea Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year
- Litigation Law Firm of the Year
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year
Individual Award Categories - Sole Winner
- Managing Partner of the Year: Kye Sung Chung
Deal Award Categories - Co-Winner
- M&A Deal of the Year: Acquisition of Momentive by SJL, KCC and Wonik
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year: SK Telecom and MIRA’s Acquisition of ADT Caps
ALB Korea Law Awards: Asian Legal Business (“ALB”), a leading legal publication affiliated with Thomson Reuters, annually hosts the ALB Korea Law Awards to celebrate outstanding law firms, deals, private practitioners and in-house teams in various categories. The winners are chosen based on law firm submissions, independent research and an independent judging panel comprised of experts in the legal industry. This year’s awards ceremony took place at the Conrad Seoul on November 15, 2019.
ALB Korea Law Awards 2019