Kim & Chang was once again the only Korean law firm to be ranked “Band 1” (top tier) in all eight practice areas surveyed in Chambers Global 2019.
We were also recognized in the newly added “International & Cross-Border Capabilities” category, and received distinctions for our region and country-based expertise in the following categories: “Arbitration (International)” (Asia-Pacific region), and “General Business Law: North Korea.”
In addition, a total of 29 attorneys and patent attorneys were recognized as “Leading Individuals,” and an additional five were named “Other Noted Practitioners.”
In the Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, published in November 2018, our firm also ranked in the top tier across 18 surveyed practice areas.
The following is a detailed listing of our recognitions in the Chambers Global 2019:
South Korea (“Band 1” in All Eight Practice Areas)
- Banking & Finance: Band 1
- Capital Markets: Band 1
- Corporate/M&A: Band 1; Foreign Expertise for North Korea
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Band 1
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation: Band 1
- Intellectual Property: Band 1
- Intellectual Property – Patent & Trade Mark Agents: Band 1
- International Trade: Band 1
- International & Cross-Border Capabilities: Spotlight Table
- Arbitration (International): Band 4
- General Business Law (Expertise based Abroad): Spotlight Table
- Banking & Finance: Young Kyun Cho, Hi Sun Yoon, Young Min Kim
- Capital Markets: Young Man Huh, Chang Hyeon Ko, Myoung Jae Chung, Ie Hwan Yoo*
- Capital Markets – Securitisation: Hoin Lee
- Corporate/M&A: Kyung Taek Jung, Jong Koo Park, Young Man Huh, Young Jay Ro, Jong Hyun Park, Bo Yong Ahn, Shin Kwon Lim,
Young Hoon Byun (Foreign expert for Japan), Eun Min Kwon (Foreign expert for North Korea), Sang Goo Lee*, Yun Goo Kwon*, Sun Yul Lee*
- Dispute Resolution – Arbitration: Byung-Chol (B.C.) Yoon, Eun Young Park, Kay-Jannes Wegner, Richard Menard, Joel E. Richardson, Byung-Woo Im*
- Dispute Resolution – Litigation: Sang Ho Han, Jin Yeong Chung, Hye Kwang Lee, Jung Keol Suh
- Intellectual Property: Young June Yang, Duck Soon Chang, Young Kim, Sang-Wook Han
- International Trade: Ju-Hong Kim
- Corporate/M&A: Young Hoon Byun (Expert Based Abroad)
- General Business Law: Eun Min Kwon (Expert Based Abroad)
About Chambers Global: Chambers Global is an annual global legal ranking survey by the leading legal publisher Chambers and Partners; it conducts independent research and analysis to determine the most outstanding law firms and lawyers from more than 190 countries.
* A “Other Noted Practitioner” is a lawyer who handles notable matters and/or has received some recommendation during the course of the research. However, they have not received a sufficiently high level of sustained recommendation to be included in the printed version of the Chambers guide. Instead, the “Other Noted Practitioner” category shows that these individuals are on the Chambers & Partners’ research radar.