- Advice on disputes relating to hostile M&A and managerial control;
- Dispute arising from post-M&A;
- Disputes relating to improvement of corporate governance;
- Joint venture companies’ disputes under shareholder agreements;
- Disputes relating to companies’ general meeting of shareholders;
- Disputes relating to companies’ new issuance of shares and corporate bonds;
- Disputes relating to companies’ composition of organization (e.g., directors or auditors);
- Disputes relating to companies’ businesses and finances as well as institutional responsibility; and
- Disputes relating to shareholder derivative lawsuits.
- Successfully defended against injunction applications and lawsuits brought by minor shareholders in connection with a merger between domestic conglomerates and a merger between large domestic banks.
- Successfully defended against damage compensation claims which were based on an alleged violation of the representations and warranties clause of the share purchase agreement of a large domestic construction company and the share purchase agreement of a domestic regional bank following a split-off and merger.
- Successfully defended a domestic securities company in a case where the plaintiffs sought to invalidate the issuance of new stocks during the company’s acquisition process.
- Successfully defended a large domestic telecommunications company against an injunction application that sought to suspend the resolution of the company’s board of directors with respect to the nomination of a chairman candidate.
Lexology Getting the Deal Through – M&A Litigation 2021: Korea Chapter2021.05.20
Hanjin KAL’s Victory in Injunction Case That Sought to Prohibit Issuance of New Shares to Korea Development Bank by Third-Party Allotment Leads to Korean Air’s Acquisition of Asiana Airlines2020.12.08
Overview of Key Terms and Implications of the Three Laws of Fair Economy and Class Action Act2020.11.04
The Cabinet Council Resolves to Amend the Korean Commercial Code to Reinforce Regulations on Corporate Governance2020.08.28
The Ministry of Justice Amending the Korean Commercial Code to Reinforce Regulations on Corporate Governance2020.06.18
Lexology Getting the Deal Through – M&A Litigation 20202020.05.21