In the 2020 edition of IFLR1000, Kim & Chang ranked “Tier 1” in all six categories surveyed for Korea. Once again, Kim & Chang was the only Korean law firm to be top-ranked across all categories, and we have maintained our top-tier rankings for 16 consecutive years.
As for individual rankings, 38 Kim & Chang attorneys were recognized as “Highly Regarded,” “Market Leader, “Rising Star” and “Notable Practitioner” in each of their practice areas.
In announcing this year’s results, IFLR1000 remarked that “Kim & Chang is a household name in the Korean legal market and excels in all transactional matters.”
Below are our firm's 2020 ranking details:
Firm Rankings (“Tier 1” in all six practice areas)
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Project Development
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Myoung-Soo Cho, Jin Yeong Chung, Kye-Sung Chung, Ick-Ryol Huh, Gene-Oh (Gene) Kim, Chang-Hyeon Ko, Bong Suk Koo, Youngjin Jung, Hoin Lee, Sookyung Lee, Jong-Koo Park, Chiyong Rim, Chang-hee Shin, Hi-Sun Yoon
- Young-Kyun Cho, Kyung-Taek Jung
- Myoung-Jae Chung, Janghoon Kim, Chang Sup Kwon, Sangmyoung Shin, Ie Hwan Yoo, Seung Jae Yoo
- Hyeon Deog Cho, Jisoo Choi, Robert L. Gilbert, Young Man Huh, Hye Sung Kim, Jae Myung Kim, Yong-Ho Kim, Young Min Kim, Yun Goo Kwon, Joon-Ho Lee, Kyung Yoon Lee, Sun Yul Lee, Jina Myung, Kwon-Eui Park, Jong Hyun Park, Sung Uk Park
About IFLR1000: IFLR1000, the guide to the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms, annually publishes rankings for more than 120 jurisdictions based on law firm submissions, client feedback and independent research. In the 2020 edition, IFLR1000 surveyed and ranked Korean law firms and lawyers in six practice areas.